Wednesday 8 February 2012

[www.keralites.net] INTERESTING WAY OF FLYING

There I was just flying along, enjoying the flight....
 
   

And what's so cool is, they actually pay me to do this!
 
 
 
Hmmm... What's that strange sound? Something feels different!
 
Hey, why am I looking up?
 

 
 
Whoa here. What the . . . . ? Controls aren't working.
 
 
 

 
 
 
Time for a mirror check. ? Hey, where's the rest of my F-15?
 
 
Uh oh, it's over there. I think I've got a definite 'Aw, sh*t' going on here.
 
 
I gotta wonder, am I the first guy to ever experience 'cockpit-airframe separation anxiety?'
 
 
 
OK, enough is enough! I'm outta' here! But first, the canopy has to go...
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
OK, now it's my turn. I'm gonna be gone - soon as I find that lower handle.
 
 
 
Oh yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
 
 

 
This 'incident' caused the USAF to ground its fleet of F-15's.
 
 
 How about the guy who took these pictures?

 
    
 
   
Just when it looks like it's going to be just another 'average day at the office'.. You never know!
 
 What caused the mid air break up? The main "longeron" (stringer) behind the cockpit failed due to corrosion.
--
Prince
www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment