- Female patient was undergoing a procedure at Tokyo Medical University
- It involved a surgeon applying a laser to both her cervix and lower uterus
- But as the surgeon carried out the operation, the patient passed wind
- It then caused the laser to ignite, sparking a fire and burning the woman's legs
The report concluded: 'When the patient's intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operating room, it ignited with the irridation of the laser and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire.'
The Tokyo Medical University Hospital is in the heart of the Japanese capital and is an acute care facility.
According to their website, they provide high-quality care based on their love for humankind.
They also claim to be pioneers in medical treatment and are the only facility in Japan to carry out surgery using robots.
Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.