Good Morning Mary,
You are right.Cherries is not safe.You can take sugarless Jamun Juic, sugarless Amla juice.Even cardamom powder reduces blood sugar by 18 to 30%.You can write to me, if you need any clarifications or join Home Remedy In India Group in Facebook.
From: "mary josephina email@example.com [Keralites]"
Sent: Thursday, 29 October 2015 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] NATURAL REMEDIES FOR DIABETES
The 10th item is not so safe to be eaten by a diabetic patient. In fact it can send you to the other world if you are not taking it with tablets for the diabete. I have learned that cherries are good for reducing the weight. So one day I had a few cherries in the morning and then in the afternoon along with the medicine I had lunch. No sooner had I finished the lunch than I went in to bathroom and vomited. My entire head was spinning, something really went wrong inside my head, that feeling I cannot express in words, it was like a bulb had exploded inside my head. I suspected it is the cherries and some how managed to reach my room and again take tablets for the sugar. Then I went to the bed. My husband came to the bathroom after hearing the commosion and saw me. Later on he told me that 'you looked more dead than alive'. To this I replied 'in fact I was more dead than alive, knowing fully well that I was on the border.For sugar patients there is only one thing to do. EAT LESS AND MOVE MORE. There are no miracle cures. But surely there are foods that can help to maintain the sugar level. Cinnamon, broccoli, any leafy vegetable, food cooked in minimal oil etc. Tread with caution.
Diabetic? Not sure what to eat? Then this list is just for you. Read about the many offerings nature has, which will help keep your diabetes in check.We understand that as a diabetic, your diet is of utmost importance. And that sometimes those sweet cravings are just way too hard to resist! So we bring you a list of natural goodies that tantalize your taste buds, are easy to find and as a bonus, are great for your health!
1. Pears: Rich in potassium and loaded with fiber, a pear is also low in carbohydrates! Add them in your fruit bowl or mix it up with spinach to get an instant fix for your hunger pangs. Despite the fact that fruits and vegetables are good for you, there's no denying the fact that some of them contain sugar and carbohydrates, albeit in small amounts. So keep your portions small and do check with your nutritionist before any major diet changes.2. Cabbage: Cabbage has a low glycaemic index of 10 which is very diabetes friendly. It is also a rich source of vitamin C and K. However, keep an eye on the fat content if you are including cabbage in your diet.
3. Berries: Tempting red strawberries or indigo colored blueberries or just any berries for that matter. Experts advice that these little colorful fruits are rich in antioxidants, vitamins and fibre and are low-carb! So top off your breakfast with some strawberries or just toss them in your mouth. It adds a pop of color and a dollop of health!4. Oranges: Despite the fact that an orange contains sugar, it also contains other compounds that help control blood glucose, which makes it good for a diabetes patient. The soluble fibre present in an orange thickens as it's being digested. This in turn slows down the sugar absorption, offering better control of your blood sugar.
5. Beans: Kidney beans, black beans or lentils have been shown to have immense health benefits for a diabetic. They are low fat, low calorie and high protein! They make you feel full, slow down your digestion process and prevent blood sugar from spiking.6. Spinach: Is there nothing this super food can't do? Research shows that green, leafy and fresh spinach is extremely low in calories and carbohydrates, which is especially good news if you are a diabetic. In fact, spinach is one of the rare things that a diabetic can eat almost freely!
7. Apples: Low in calories and carbohydrate content, this portable fruit can be toted around easily in your bag, making it the perfect snack. Fibrous, with tones of vitamins and antioxidants, this diabetes-friendly fruit will add a crunchy and healthy punch to your diet.8. Okra (Lady's finger): This vegetable is a sure shot hit with kids and diabetics! Like brinjals and oranges, the presence of soluble fiber in okra makes this humble vegetable one of the best things to eat if you are diabetic.
9. Brinjal: Non-starchy, low carbohydrate and soluble fiber, could a vegetable be more perfect for diabetes? Load up on this easily available vegetable and enjoy the goodness that it offers!10. Cherries: If you have a sweet tooth, don't worry! Sweet cherries are good for you! The sugar in them is natural. To add to that, they have a low calorie count and a minimal carbohydrate level! But make sure you check the labels before you pick up a can of cherries as many of them are loaded with artificial sweeteners!
Diabetes is among the most debilitating of lifestyle diseases, often the precursor to many other types of health disorders such as obesity, cardiovascular diseases and chronic illnesses of the eye. Most diabetics tend to depend upon taking medications, many of which include hormone supplementation injections and drugs for controlling the sugar levels. Though these aids are often critical for managing cases where diabetes seems to have turned into an incurable condition, it is always better to seek natural cures. These natural remedies don't put forth the kind of side-effects associated with stronger medications and can be resourced from our everyday supplies.11. Drink water
Water tends to mobilize the high sugar content in blood and thereby helps in preventing aggravation. Drinking 2.5 liters of water, on a daily basis, will not only regulate physical functions but will also lower chances of cardiovascular and diabetic ailments.
12. Green Tea
Green tea is nothing less than a miracle cure for ailments. Consuming a cup of unsweetened green tea regularly will rid the body of free radicals and let the antioxidants, contained within, normalize the blood sugar levels. This will aid in reducing diabetes and help keep the chances at bay.
Vinegar is an excellent dietary compound responsible for diluting concentrated sugar-levels in the blood. Studies have shown that two spoonfuls of vinegar before a meal can reduce the glucose influx.
14. Fresh Fruits
Natural fruit sugars are the best options, as dietary supplements, since they provide all the necessary vitamins and minerals required. Studies have shown that an adequate intake of Vitamin A and C maintains blood and bone health. Include fresh citrus fruits like oranges, apples, pineapples, grapes and lemons in your diet. Consume bananas in moderation, since their sugar structure is more complex than that of citrus fruits.
Soy proteins are one of the miracle cures for reducing diabetes among crucial patients. There is flavones contained in them reduce the sugar content in blood and keep the body nourished, while accumulating much fewer calories, when compared to other foods.
18. Lean Meat19. Cinnamon Powder
Powdered cinnamon, apart from spicing up your foods, has the ability to lower blood sugar levels, as well. Take a pinch of cinnamon with warm water every day and kiss diabetes goodbye.
20. Small, Frequent Meals
High metabolic rates are highly conducive in maintaining blood-sugar levels and nothing keeps metabolism more fired up than consuming small portions, frequently. Studies have shown that frequent meals result in greater absorption of nutrients and lesser deposition of fat. Without fat deposition, the insulin secretion is normalized.
22. Using Natural Juices23. Aloe
- M.D.HEGDE MANGALORE
Posted by: =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3M=2ED=2E_?= =?UTF-8?Q?HEGDE=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3?= <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (4)|
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.