This is about an episode that happened last month in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember.
The gas stove was on, cooking was in process. The lady of the house suddenly saw a few cockroaches near the sink, and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was burning, to get rid of cockroaches.
There was an explosion, and in no time the innocent woman was covered in flames, sustained 65 % burns. Her husband rushed in to save her, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife had succumbed, dead on arrival.
Insect repellents such as "Hit", "Mortein" etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the nano-particles spread extremely rapidly.
Did the poor lady realize the hazard involved? Apparently not!
Spread the word around….
Don't use any inflammable pest repellents in the kitchen when the burner is on.
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesemail@example.com.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.