Subject Free Yourself from Needing the Approval of Others
Think about the people you respect the most. Do they allow the opinions of others to dictate their decisions? You can live the same way.
Live life on your own terms with these tips:
- Start giving your opinion on smaller issues. For example, if you're asked what place you'd like to go, give a specific answer.
- As your comfort level improves, you can speak up about more important issues.
- If you can approve of yourself, you'll be less likely to need approval from others.
- Even the best people occasionally do or say things that most would consider to be negative. Others understand that no one is perfect all of the time. Do you judge people harshly over minor issues?
- If you feel that another person is being unreasonable, consider confronting them in a calm, reasonable manner. You'll likely find that the criticizer's tendency to disapprove will stop when it fails to affect your choices. The disapproval you're showing is fair under the circumstance. For once, disapproval will work for you instead of against you!
- Do a few things each week that you enjoy, even if they're not going to impress anyone. It gets easier with time.
Posted by: prasannam n <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.