Saturday 8 June 2013

[www.keralites.net] OH, TEACHER - POEM BY MARY ANN

 
OH,TEACHER

Oh,Teacher,
Tell me how You coped
With all You endured
And still full of hope?
 
Your enemies chasing
trying to kill
But You went on Your way
Peaceful and Still.
 
You found the time
to strengthen Your men,
They followed You faithfully
and would again and again.
 
People adored You,
crowds pushing in,
seeking the answers,
Their heads in a spin.
 
Who is this Jesus,
Why is he here?
Pharisees hated You,
stood at a distance, not near.
 
Asking questions,
no quietness for You,
people pushing closer
to get a good view.
 
You stole away
to the Mountains at Dawn
to be with Your Father,
Who helped You carry on.
 
Lord how did You handle
all those questions and doubts,
no time for Yourself
All the pushing and shouts?
 
You were a man of sorrows
Deep grief in Your soul
trying to teach Gods ways
before the enemy stole!
 
Yet You encouraged all
laughed and rejoiced,
Had a smile for the weary
And Words of such choice!
 
Lord show me the way
when I am weary and worn,
help me rise up
not get lost in the storm.
 
Keep my eyes on You,
not the Swirling Seas,
Help me Father,
spend time on my knees.
 
My Lord and Master
we have much to learn
Speak through Your Word
and help me Discern!
 
Lift us up Lord,
where we belong,
Making melody in our hearts,
Singing Praises and Songs.
 
We can't do it alone Lord,
we need Your help,
Lift us out of the pits
We have dug for ourselves.
 
This ship will not sink
If You are aboard,
I know You are with me
My Precious Lord!
 
Peter walked on water
trusted You so,
He took His eyes off of You
and He sunk below!
 
Oh Merciful Saviour
So Faithful and true
Lead us forward,
Keep Our eyes fastened on You!
 
©
Mary Ann Trott
September 10th, 2012
 

www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment