Monday 21 January 2013

[www.keralites.net] Questions for the Almighty

 

Questions for the Almighty

Dipak Soliya

God tells the writer why His will is supreme

'Boss, tell me the truth. To what extent were you responsible for the killing of nearly 175 people in the recent terror attacks in Mumbai? They say even the tiniest creature is your manifestation. In that case, it was you who sailed in that dingy to Gateway and sneaked in to the Taj-Oberoi. And again, it was you who fought as a commando. What pleasure did you derive from doing this? On one hand you have been extraordinarily compassionate in taking care of us. On the other hand I fail to figure out why you kill your own children in such terror attacks.

'You create the countries and then you lead them to war. What are you up to? Did you create the world to enjoy world wars? And why this abhorrence against India?

What is your problem in giving us good leaders? Once in a while you give us Gandhi. Then you pump bullets in his frail body and he is back to you. Why are you so miserly in providing great leaders?

What is your rationale in making India free-for-all and Pakistan a global migraine? Do our anguish, resentment and agony mean nothing to you? For God's sake, say something.'

It is said that when the cacophony of 'I' calms down, we can hear His voice in our heart. I tried that. No sooner did I set my ego at 0.0 frequency on my FM, I heard the Big Boss's deep, resonant voice: 'Yes, I was those terrorists. And I was the NSG commandoes. Hindu is me and Islam is me. Mankind is my offspring, who, in my opinion, has just grown into a school-going child. Having evolved from a single-cell life to monkeys hopping from tree to tree, my child, as a human being, is now at the stage of a 4-year-old. He does at times get into petty fights over toys like religion, sect, faith, countries, culture, heritage and opinion. Fine, but once my darling child grows up, it will dawn on him what flimsy matters he has been squabbling over.

'As an Indian, the killing of those people in Mumbai has pained you. Let me however tell you that I had killed about 50 million people in the Second World War. May be this figure will get multiplied manifold in future wars, but do not delude yourself that it is you who destroy or get destroyed. No, I am the destroyer and a part of me gets destroyed when you die. You might find it all very macabre and cruel owing to your 'age', but I look upon it as blood that oozes out from the child's knee scratches that he gets while learning to run. That blood pains me no less, but I am aware that it is a part of the process of growing up. At the end, he will learn that it is love, compassion and truth that are important and not those toys like caste, community, faith, gender, state. In fact I had already had all this conveyed through my sons like Ved Vyas, Buddha, Mahavir, Jesus, Mohammed, Shankaracharya, Gandhi. But great truths cannot be inculcated by mere teaching and preaching. Sometimes, it takes terror and war to teach. Whatever my human progeny will learn from this bloodshed will be blended in their collective consciousness. And it will contribute to make him a better, more mature human being.

'When a child complains to his father, 'you don't care for me' the father feels hurt. I too am hurt today. You made me sad, but I know you are naïve, a child. So I will say with moist eyes and with a heart overflowing with compassion that believe me, I am doing whatever is good for you and the whole universe. Remember, if you can, that ultimately you and I are no different.


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment