Wednesday 23 May 2012

[www.keralites.net] The Onion

 

 

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The Onion

I  was  an onion before Christ set me free.

Layers upon layers of iniquity.

An ugly old onion whose  fragrance was strong,

That  my Jesus bought and loved all along.

 

Unknown  to me what He going to do.

Of  what He was planning  , I had not a clue.

Pulling  each layer  off one by one.

In order  to make me more like Jesus the Son.

 

The  first layer  wasn't so bad.

I saw all the sins that  I knew I had.

They  were easy to fix  , just  change the way

I talk  and  learn  more of how He ,

wanted  me  to walk.

 

Reading His Word, and learning again,

How  to put aside my life sin.

But the next layer was pulled which hurt more.

He was getting closer to the core.

 

Unknown  what He would find there.

I  simply gave it to Him in  prayer.

As  another  kayer  was removed,

He started to cry;

Pulling  this layer brought  pain to my Father,

on High.

And I was crying over the sadness I felt;

The  brokeness  and all of the guilt.

 

Past memories that I thought were gone;

They  were buried under layers disguised in,

a  fragrance so strong,

As onions peel more and more;

And they put  tears in our eyes as we get close,

to the core  So my Father wept over my pain;

Giving me a balm of comfort and ,

strenght  to sustain.

"No More Layers,

"I would  scream. As He continued to peel them,

off  me, "I'll have nothing  but a worthless,

core to you".

But  he just said Trust me and continued to peel,

I was sure He  was blinded to my pain that,

was so  real, Year after  years I shrunk more,

and more until all that was left of this,

onion was a core.

It was then that I began  to understand;

As  the Lord embraced  me in His loving hand,

He  said  now and only now can you be;

The Creation that will minister before me.

Clothed  with the rightousness only from,

above;Gone are your layer of self  so you can,

filled  with my love, He took away layers of sin,

hurt and  pain and  clothed  me with love,

truth  and mercy in His Name.

 

Yes , we are all onions, learning with each day;

How  to overcome as each layer is taken away,

Some layers tear and pull at our heart;

While  others grieve us to our innermost part.

 

But we are nothing but an ugly onion without

Christ.

Layers upon layers of pride, sin and strife.

Only God can take those layers away.

And clothe is with His righteousness in that,

final  day...

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net


 

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment