Saturday 22 June 2013

[www.keralites.net] Top 5 Regrets of the Dying

When people reach the end of our lives, no matter what the situation is, they often reflect on everything they have done up until that point. But, did you know that there are 5 regrets that the dying commonly have?

Bronnie Ware is an Australian nurse who worked with patients reaching the end of their lives. Through her experience, she made many observations and eventually wrote a book called "The Top Five Regrets of the Dying."

Her patients reached clarity at the end of their lives and, time and again, the same five themes surfaced. Below are the top five regrets that dying people had:

1. "I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me."

Living a life to please others is common, but it ends with your dreams being left unfulfilled.

2. "I wish I hadn't worked so hard."

Life is about the experiences you have, not how much money you make or how hard you work.

3. "I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings."

One day, it'll be too late to tell someone how you feel. Don't let that happen.

4. "I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends."

Everyone misses their friends when they are dying, but people need to realize sooner how important old friendships are.

5. "I wish that I had let myself be happier."

Most people don't realize that happiness is a choice and resign themselves to a life less joyful than they could have had.

Do any of these ring true for you? It's never too late to change so that one day you don't have these same five regrets.


www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment