Wednesday 21 December 2011

[www.keralites.net] CHRISTMAS COUNTDWON - HARK! THE HERAL ANGELS SING


--


DAY 21 of the Christmas countdown.
When I was old enough, my parents took me to midnight Mass, perhaps
because they did not want to fight with my brother and I about going to
church before opening our presents in the morning.
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing was probably my favourite song of the service.
The choir and organist performed from the balcony at the back of the church
and the music filled the air along with incense as the priest made his way down
the aisle to an alter covered with poinsettias.
The church burned to the ground decades ago but I remember it as if
it were yesterday.
 
Dorf

Choir of Christchurch Cathedral, Dublin - Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
"I used to feel that life was going to pass me by.
But it didn't pass me by.
It ran me over!"
-The Born Loser
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment