Tuesday 18 December 2012

[www.keralites.net] Billionaire Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's advice to youngsters - Save this and pass this on

 


What else can I say about money?

I can say that it attracts a lot of young women, it also attracts women of all ages, but they are not necessarily of the desirable kind. I am telling this to you from my experience.

I would also like to tell you about my experiences with my father and what he had to tell me about money.

All his life, he was only concerned about one thing: what I should be doing with my wealth. He was a middle class guy and I lived with him for as long as he was alive. He never lived in my house, I lived in his.

My father was never concerned about how

muchwealth I had, his only concern was how

muchcharity I did.

When I became rich and he came to know of it for the first time, he called me up and said, "Naya paisa hai, aur naye naye paise ki garmi bhi bahut hoti hai" ("It's new money, and new money is accompanied by a lot of heat").
He told me that increasing one's expenses was very easy, but reducing them was

verydifficult.

My father taught me the importance of dena (giving) and daan (donating). He said that if anyone knocked on my door and asked for money, I must give him Rs 100 or Rs 1 lakh, depending on what I felt like, but never let him/her leave empty-handed. Always donate, he said.

When my father came to know that I was among the Forbes list of billionaires, he said, "I am very happy to know that you are on the list. But aren't you shameful? You have billions of dollars of money, but you can't give away a few dollars in charity? Go and die in a pail of water," he told me.

A lot of people ask me: How does it feel to be rich in a poor country?

Let me correct you, I don't think India is a poor country. We are very rich in culture, food, resources, thought and also in our film industry. So, I don't feel guilty at all.
Read the full article in the link below.
 

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/slide-show/slide-show-1-specials-rakesh-jhunhunwalas-advice-on-money/20121218.htm


Pass this to your relatives and friends

Ravi

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment