Tuesday 6 November 2012

Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request

 

Dears,

The same story was happen a long time back in Riyadh. one day i went to outside for lunch, there was a DUBAI registerd car was stoped in front of me and i seems a family inside and the driver ask me to help for return back to dubai. they lost there wallet and Bags in hotel. they were explaining me whoever is hearing will be believe. i gave them 10 riyals. but the guy didnt accept my money and they want above 100 of riyals, i told them to go there is a place for charity peoples they will help you kindly, suddenly the guy was shouted me and ran away...so beware of these..........

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 6:03 AM, M. Nandakumar <nandm_kumar@yahoo.com> wrote:

You are absolutely right Mr.Karan. A couple of years ago I received an SOS message from one of my colleagues and close friend who and his wife are now working in USA. The request was to send some British Pounds urgently saying that they were on a European Tour and all their belongings including money purse were lost from one hotel where they were staying. Suspicion dawned in my mind and I made some enquiries which revealed that they are in USA and have never been on such a tour. Many of my colleagues also got the copies of the same letter. So beware of Internet Fraud which is very rampant now in different forms likie Phishing, Spaming and so on. Don' t respond to such emails - best way is to DELETE them immediately.

Regards
Nandakumar

--- On Mon, 11/5/12, Karan Thiyag <b365k@live.com> wrote:

From: Karan Thiyag <b365k@live.com>
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request
To: "Keralites" <Keralites@YahooGroups.com>
Date: Monday, November 5, 2012, 7:51 AM

I wonder-How everybody believesevery thing explained in a mail from unknown person?

In thisCON-WORLD, My request is please donot respond & send any cash to unknown person.

In my experience, One of my friend's niebour advertised in a paper that he is suffering from uncurable illness andswindled thousands of rupees. One fine day he met the same person in "TASMAC" arrack shop drinking.

So please guide thesekind of persons (ifit is real fact-we musthelp) to go to a charitable trust and ask him to livethere.

If he is not will to go-then it is a prooven case of fraud.

Karan
To: Keralites@yahoogroups.com
From: krish4949@yahoo.co.in
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 15:47:25 +0800
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request

One is indeed sorry to hear the plight of people like Mr.Gopinathan.

Both sons and daughters are equally responsible to take care of their parents who are in desperate straits. I am not very sure how total strangers would help Gopinath when his own daughters wring their hands in helplessness.

If someone else does extend monetary help to the gentleman to reach Kerala safely, how is he going to manage things practically in an alien place - a place he had left decades ago?

As in western countries, our central and state governments should bring in suitable legislation to provide succour to destitute men and women in their sunset years.

cris iyer


From: Gopinathan Kr <gopinathan_1501@yahoo.in>
To: Keralites <Keralites@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 4 November 2012 4:37 PM
Subject: [www.keralites.net] A humble request

Dear Friends,

I do not know whether this platform is the right place to say something about me. I am Gopinathan hailing from Anikad panchayat of Pathanamthitta Distt. I am 58 years and in Delhi since 1976. I have been with various companies working as secretary to CEOs. I am married and have two daughters. Presently I am a heart patien for the past five years. My wife got left side paralysed for 13 months and left for her heavenly abode in April 2011.

My two daughters got married as their own choice one with a Christian and the other with a Muslim.Presently I am living with my elder daughter in Delhi. Now coming to the point, as my wife was paralyed and I had to take long leave from the company where I was woking and the result was that I was thrown out from the company as they could not afford me as I was taking long leave.

During my wife's ill health and treatment in private hospital I had to shell out all my earnings including gold ornaments and I am living with my elder daughter without an income. As you friends know it is very difficult to adjust with a son-in-law of other religion. During 2-3 occasions I have been asked to leave the place and take shelter somewhere. Friends youmay advise me to file complaint against them but I do not want to hurt them in any way. I thought of giiving news in local malayalm newspapers but my inner mind advised me that that will affect my daughters future life. Accordinly, I decided to leave for my native place but unable to do so because of shortage of funds.

If any of the friends like to help me financiallyat this juncutre so that I can reach Kerala safely, please send me an e-mail so that I can provide you the details you want. It is once more requested that I do not want to hurt my dauthers or relatives or move legally.

If I am wrong in giving this information to Keralites, please excuse me and leave it unnoticed.

Thanks and regards
K R Gopinathan


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment