Thursday 13 October 2016

[www.keralites.net] Trust,Faith...

 

Trust, Faith, Scepticism, Suspicion, Cynicism, Flexibility---Fanaticism---the mixture of Rationalism

Personally, I hover among all the above situations. In fact I hover among the various image and reaction or even reflex action habits relating to all the above. When I sit among friends doing say bhajan, my tendency of scepticism takes the back seat and I happily sing with all others. At that time I momentarily enter the arena of belief in the super natural or the unnatural according to my sceptic friends. May be, by participating in the lusty bhajan and escaping from the habit of analyzing everything to death, I am enjoying myself.

Still there is one fanatic habit from which I have not been able to escape—the automatic suspicion and distrust of anyone claiming the supernatural powers. Most reception centres of my mind close and I just cannot but view the person as some sort of fraudster. But theoretically, I defend very often the possibility of the supernatural powers.

My question to myself is why is it that I always hover? My diagnosis is, that it is because of my underlying belief though dormant, that everything is mainly an illusion. According to Karl Sagan, Galaxies etc are very rare in the Universe and that the ratio between the vacuum and galaxies etc is 3500000:1, in the Universe! The Universe is mainly empty space. We and everything else in the rare matter part of the Universe comprising of the Galaxies etc., are composed of atoms. But an atom is again 99.99999999... Per cent empty space!

Our thoughts cannot be measured or weighed in the dimensions of length, breadth, and height, the illusion with three dimensions which are ultimately vanishing into the fourth dimension-time. I think they are completely confined to the time dimension. We may give a particular value, assumed value on an imagined scale about a particular feeling, say, happiness. But the entire mathematics is totally based on assumptions, nothing concrete. Now are we ourselves strong assumptions, systematised illusions?

My entire writing about the above all, is to decide on the trustworthiness of those who claim that they have seen apparitions, experienced out of body experiences etc.But can the after of death be totally ignored in the name of science or rationalism.Skepticism often drives out even rationality in those situations! Why, is it because of the terrible fear for the unknown, fear of death etc?

I never pray, because praying to God and then putting a big list of desires and demands to God to use his miraculous powers for me have become inseparable. Secondly how can I expect God also to see me in my illusion while the reality is, that I am part of the ever blending energies with no frozen or suspended illusion as a still photograph, my personal impression about me? Very often God is becoming an economic or sociological or political force concepts and the spiritual concept is waging a losing battle within me. In fact instead of the image of the God, the nightmares of problems or the images of boons dominate my mind.

DEVELOPING THE SPIRITUAL MIND IS REALLY DIFFICULT.ONE HAS TO RECOGNIZE ONE'S MACRO BODY,THE UNIVERSE ITSELF.


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Cool Kis <cooolkis@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment