Monday 30 May 2016

[www.keralites.net] Dinesh Gouda 90% physically challenged scores 94% in SSLC - Please share this

 

Kumta labourer's son aces SSLC with 94%

his father Beera Gouda carried him to school on his back for 3 years.

Untitled design (25)

Karwar: Dinesh Gouda's story puts him way above his contemporary centum scorers. His steely determination is apparent in his SSLC score of 93.75%. Despite being 90% physically challenged, he achieved what others could not.

Dinesh has no control over his body's motor activities, said his father Beera Gouda, an agricultural labourer who also doubles as a coolie. "When he was born, we realized he has no control over his legs. For me, the future looked dark, and I wept whenever I thought about Dinesh. We are poor, but I was firm that despite all the disadvantages, Dinesh must get a good education," he said.

The family lives in Harkade, a tiny village in Kumta taluk. Dinesh's elder brother is doing his BA in a college in Kumta. "We admitted him in a Kannada medium primary school in our village. Every day, I had to physically lift him up and take him to school and bring him home, a distance of about 1km. After SSLC, he joined DJVS High School in Divagi village, which about 3km from our hous e. Dinesh cannot sit on a bicycle, so I had to carry him. As Dinesh grew I faced a lot of difficulty, particularly during monsoon. But I wanted to educate him at any cost," said Gouda.

Dinesh said but for the help of his parents and teachers, he would not have aced the examination. "My parents and teachers never looked down on me because of my physical disability. They always encouraged me to study hard and ensured I got every help at every step. I understand the difficulty of my father who lifted me physically to go to school, which is 3km away from my house. He did it for 3 years without a murmur. I was inspired by my father's determination to educate me and I took the exam as a challenge," he said. Dinesh can write and read without help

Full article in the link below 



Please share this it will inspire many more 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <ravi.narasimhan.in@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment