Thursday 8 October 2015

[www.keralites.net] Chito The Crocodile Man Costa Rica - who lives and plays with it - rescued by him 20 years ago + video

 

Chito The Crocodile Man

Chito made friends with the croc after finding him with a gunshot wound on the banks of the Central American state's Parismina river 20 years ago. He had been shot in the left eye by a cattle farmer and was close to death. But Chito enlisted the help of several pals to load the massive reptile into his boat. He says: "When I found Poncho in the river he was dying, so I brought him into my house. He was very skinny, weighing only around 150lb I gave him chicken and fish and medicine for six months to help him recover. I stayed by Poncho's side while he was ill, sleeping next to him at night. I just wanted him to feel that somebody loved him, that not all humans are bad. It meant a lot of sacrifice. I had to be there every day. I love all animals - especially ones that have suffered."
video  1 minute 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhL77UgBr5I    video

It took years before Chito felt that Poncho had bonded with him enough to get closer to the animal. He says: "After a decade I started to work with him. At first it was slow, slow. I played with him a bit, slowly doing more. Then I found out that when I called his name he would come over to me."

At one point during his recovery, Chito left the croc in a lake near his house. But as he turned to walk away, to his amazement Poncho got out of the water and began to follow him home. Chito recalls: "That convinced me the crocodile could be tame." But when he first fearlessly waded into the water with the giant reptile his family was so horrified they couldn't bear to watch. So instead, he took to splashing around with Poncho when they were asleep.

one more video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv3O-dxplPs

Please share this
ravi


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <ravi.narasimhan.in@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment