Thursday 13 June 2013

[www.keralites.net] Sun Cruise Ship on the top of the Cliff

Sun Cruise sitting high and dry on the coastal cliff of Jeongdongjin.

To get to Sun Cruise Hotel and Yacht from Jeongdongjin Beach, I could only walk. Public transport was out of question as there was only one bus (Bus 109) going to the Hotel every two hours. Flagging down a taxi was also not easy as empty taxis were few and far between.

The slope leading to the Hotel was steep, probably about 50° gradient. I could feel the full force of gravity acting down on me as I struggled my way up. The fortunate thing was the distance to overcome was not too long. It took about 15-20 minutes to get to the top but it was worthwhile effort.

Entrance fee for non-resort guest is 5,000won. The recommended course - panaromic view of the East Sea, bird's eye view of Jeongdongjin from the Observation Deck and a leisure walk around the sculpture park. I was most interested in the Observation Deck. I wanted to look down from the highest point of the ship. 15 more images after the break...

Sun Cruise is 165 metres in length, 45 metres in height and 30,000 tons in weight. A 1:1 replica of a passenger cruise liner.

Click here to read the article...




Click here to read the article...



www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment