Friday 9 November 2012

[www.keralites.net] Financial Support to Gopnathan - A humble request

 

Dear readers,
 
I persoanlly feel if a person cannot help a hapless man, kindly do not circulate a negative message wherein some philanthropists feels extending help, may think twice.  If anyone trying to extend financial help, I am sure will verify the truth before he does such humanitarian help.  Of course, if it is a fraud message, even the genuine victims also loose help from people.  Let the gentleman provide his contact details, we can try to find out the truth.  If his case is TRUE, he deserves help.  His motive not to harass his daughters and sons-in-law is appreciable.  This is purely my personal opinion.  Since he can communicate well, probably he must have used this social media to get some solace.  There are many other people suffering such pathetic condition in life and unable to get any help and ending their life through suicide.  Charitable organizations in Delhi and elsewhere in India, to my knowledge are not able to support such individuals for reasons known to them only.
 
With regards,
Mohan K. Ponnath


--- On Thu, 11/8/12, A N Ravindran <ravindranan@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: A N Ravindran <ravindranan@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request
To: Keralites@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, November 8, 2012, 2:42 AM

 
Dear Friends,
 
As per me this is a 'FRAUD'.
 
A person worked for 24 years in Delhi, he will get help from that place itself.  Who will prove this is a genuine case, as the proving agencies are also 'fraud' now a days.
 
Regds
Ravindran

--- On Tue, 6/11/12, JOSE A A <jose101052@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

From: JOSE A A <jose101052@yahoo.co.in>
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request
To: "Keralites" <Keralites@YahooGroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, 6 November, 2012, 12:46 PM

 
If the contents of the mail are indeed true, I too feel sorry to learn about the plight of Mr.Gopinathan. However, in this era of scams and falsities of various types and modus operanda often reported, probably it would not be safe to give much credence to this kind of stories unless it is factually verified and confirmed by any local source from Delhi. When Mr.Gopinathan spent over 24 years of his life at Delhi, one wonders as to why he is unable to seek such help from either the Kerala/Malayalee Samajam there or any Malayalee friends there rather than circulating the message in this Forum ?

This itself shows that there is something more than what have been narrated by Mr.Gopinathan and as such his messages need to be further verified please. If his case is genuine, let him atleast come out with his clear identity with his residential address at Delhi as well as at Kerala .
Augustine Jose
From: krishnan iyer <krish4949@yahoo.co.in>
To: Keralites <Keralites@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, 5 November 2012 1:17 PM
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] A humble request
One is indeed sorry to hear the plight of people like Mr.Gopinathan.

Both sons and daughters are equally responsible to take care of their parents who are in desperate straits. I am not very sure how total strangers would help Gopinath when his own daughters wring their hands in helplessness.

If someone else does extend monetary help to the gentleman to reach Kerala safely, how is he going to manage things practically in an alien place - a place he had left decades ago?

As in western countries, our central and state governments should bring in suitable legislation to provide succour to destitute men and women in their sunset years.

crisiyer

From: Gopinathan Kr <gopinathan_1501@yahoo.in>
To: Keralites <Keralites@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, 4 November 2012 4:37 PM
Subject: [www.keralites.net] A humble request
Dear Friends,
I do not know whether this platform is the right place to say something about me. I am Gopinathan hailing from Anikad panchayat of Pathanamthitta Distt. I am 58 years and in Delhi since 1976. I have been with various companies working as secretary to CEOs. I am married and have two daughters. Presently I am a heart patien for the past five years. My wife got left side paralysed for 13 months and left for her heavenly abode in April 2011.
My two daughters got married as their own choice one with a Christian and the other with a Muslim.Presently I am living with my elder daughter in Delhi. Now coming to the point, as my wife was paralyed and I had to take long leave from the company where I was woking and the result was that I was thrown out from the company as they could not afford me as I was taking long leave.
During my wife's ill health and treatment in private hospital I had to shell out all my earnings including gold ornaments and I am living with my elder daughter without an income. As you friends know it is very difficult to adjust with a son-in-law of other religion. During 2-3 occasions I have been asked to leave the place and take shelter somewhere. Friends youmay advise me to file complaint against them but I do not want to hurt them in any way. I thought of giiving news in local malayalm newspapers but my inner mind advised me that that will affect my daughters future life. Accordinly, I decided to leave for my native place but unable to do so because of shortage of funds.
If any of the friends like to help me financiallyat this juncutre so that I can reach Kerala safely, please send me an e-mail so that I can provide you the details you want. It is once more requested that I do not want to hurt my dauthers or relatives or move legally.
If I am wrong in giving this information to Keralites, please excuse me and leave it unnoticed.

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment