Sunday 11 March 2012

[www.keralites.net] Re: A HUMBLE REQUEST

 

The pigeons keep landing on the airconditioners, and some even start nesting in the space available in the a/c covers. It is such a nuisance, as they keep chirping and hooting all through the night. In addition, I once experienced worms falling out of the a/c into the bedroom, which kept me awake throughout the night, as I could not think of any solution to stop the menace. The whole room was stinking, and the worms were crawling all over the floor. Please do not take it that I am exaggerating the situation, but you will know the plight only if you experience yourself. Finally, I had to seal the a/c outer frames with duct tape, and next day, service the machines.
I found to my horror that people who do not reside in our area also stop at the open ground nearby, and feed the pigeons early in the morning, on their way to work. I know they are not from our place, because they drive down from some other location.
As of now, I got the a/cs covered with wiremesh, and am having little relief. In my old house, pigeons had built nests in the duct balcony (which I was not using), and it later became a breeding ground for them. They started laying eggs, hatch their little ones and shit all over the place. So, my question is whether to help the birds at the cost of our health. Another point is all animals and birds are built and born to fend for themselves. If we keep feeding and watering them all through, they will never learn to catch their prey. One day, if no one feeds or waters them, they will simply die because they are not used to survive themselves.

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment