Wednesday 19 April 2017

[www.keralites.net] Insignificance?

 

Insignifant?


 
I have been seeing the videos about the Solar system, our Milky Way; the other Galaxies...The videos invariably emphasize our absolute insignificance. There is actually happiness in the expression of our insignificance, the insignificance of each of us personally, our earth itself, then our solar system, then our Milky Way, then our Galaxy local group...

The Universe is very gigantic compared to any Galaxy, but then there is the new theory of the Multiverse, millions and millions of universes, black holes bigger than galaxies...

You become spell bound, ruminate about the petty politics, the petty mindedness and may be if you have money, just go on seeing many a stunning spectacle---all ultimately emphasizing insignificance and the meaninglessness. The giganticness excludes you; your insignificance dwarfs you mentally.

But suppose you do yoga, Pranayama, adopt the Holistic approach for perception, you then become the Universe; feel as mighty as the Universe. You feel as a part of the Multiverse.

But now...
After the spell of feeling our insignificance, I find myself feeling superior slowly compared to others, because I know while those people do not know. I slowly develop the feeling of class (snobbery), feeling myself apart and superior, with a half concealed smirk which I want to pass off as self confidence. But I ignore the basic fact, that whatever I have seen (not learnt, because learning is experiencing and feeling), is because of advanced technology, revelations without my participation.

I have not smelt and spirited the knowledge with personal experience, by using my own senses of smell, hearing and 3D seeing and touching. I happily abandoned them and adopted not even the technology on my own, but just getting informed as a spectator. I have been sitting in front of my Desk top computer (I feel superior to those who cannot even sit and just lie with a Lap top) absorbing the messages and spectacles, not noticing that my legs have forgotten the simple things like standing, walking etc.The technology is making my body redundant. To remedy the situation, I take a dozen tablets every day.

OF COURSE I AM HIGHLY EDUCATED, MY LETTERHEAD IS REALLY IMPRESSIVE, THOUGH NOT ONE DEGREE OR PhD, I RECEIVED BECAUSE OF EXPERIENCING THE KNOWLEDGE BY SMELLING, HEARING AND TOUCHING.NO SPIRIT (AIR TO BREATHE) WAS THERE IN THE PROCUREMENT OF THE DEGREES.THOSE DEGREES MAKE ME A HAPPY ADMIRING SPECTATOR OF MYSELF.

The path I adopted to get those degrees was the path of the scientific method, of mathematical reductionism, the result of the totally dethatched and unbiased use of computers by intelligent programming.

I am feeling very superior and happy in my AC room, occasionally glancing at the bulldozers clearing away the unwanted trees and ponds. I am happy that the entire land is metalled with cement, not allowing even a blade of grass to grow. Now I half see the dogs unable to sit on the hot cement, finding nowhere to rest hungrily and finding no dirty water in the dirty pool to drink. From hardware to software to nowhere...


__._,_.___

Posted by: Kakdi Raita <kakdiriata@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment