Friday 27 January 2017

[www.keralites.net] Fwd: The Power to Tolerate!

 

The Power to Tolerate

With the power to tolerate, irritation and annoyance disappear, and nothing disturbs my light frame of mind. The fragrance of this power is attractive to all.

Taking Charge Of Your Responses In Close Relationships


In relationships with your loved ones, when looking at the other, sometimes positive emotions are generated and sometimes negative. On the one hand, joy, love and happiness is generated on being with them; but then attachment, dependency and expectations are generated. In such situations, you are more focused on others and are always looking at the other person's behavior, you stop seeing yourself and being aware of your reactions and taking the responsibility for the responses that you create. You get frustrated when the other person does not meet your expectations. As you depend on them, if they don't act as you would like, if they don't reach home or call you at the time you would like; all this frustrates you. You radiate this energy to the other: they are not doing what they should be doing, and so you feel frustrated and discontented.

All the while that you hold the other one responsible for your frustration, you are not in charge of your own reactions, because you have given power to the other to dominate your emotional world. It is there that you lose your freedom. You lose your freedom because you give to the other, in the name of love, power over your own moods. You allow the other's energy to enter your inner world and cause inside you frustration, bad moods, irritation, sorrow and a mental and emotional dependence where you are constantly thinking about where they are, what they have to do, what they have to say, where they have to go, and all this consumes a lot of your mental energy. Wanting to control the other and the frustration that it brings with it uses up a lot of emotional energy.

To understand others is to harmonize well with them.

Usually I expect others to have the same level of qualities or understanding as I have. I am not able to accept or understand the other person's behaviour or words if they are different. I thus form an attitude towards the person and am not able to get along well with him. I need to recognize the fact that like the notes of music we are all different. Only when we can harmonize together can we create a beautiful tune. When I remember this I will not expect the other person to change according to me but will learn to understand and blend my personality with his.

Message for the day

As is the aim, so are the qualifications.

Thought to Ponder: If I have a high aim, I will imbibe qualities to reach that aim. I may or may not get what I set out to, but I will surely gain a lot of qualities while doing so. On the other hand, having no aim or a low aim, is to be content with whatever I have. I will get nothing new, internally or externally. Even if I get something externally, I will not be enriched personally because of it. Once that situation is over, the benefit is over too.

Point to Practice: Today I will create an aim in keeping with what I want. One small aim is enough to focus all my energies on it. This will ensure my personal qualities keep improving with every passing situation. Further, I will not be deterred or distracted with anything.

 

 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Cool Kis <cooolkis@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment