Wednesday 18 May 2016

[www.keralites.net] Gujarat: Among top scorers, sons of tailor, driver

 


Gujarat: Among top scorers, sons of tailor, driver :- Hardik Vakotar, whose father is a tailor by profession, made his family proud when he achieved a percentile of 95.33. Hardik's father Hasmukh has a monthly income of only Rs 15,000 that restrained his family of five members, but that did not stop Hardik from achieving his goals. Hardik received fee exemption from his school and tuition under economically weaker section category. "One who works hard does get the fruits he deserves no matter what the situation or circumstance is. It is a dream come true to see my son achieve such good marks in 12th standard," said Hasmukhbhai.


Hardik not only spent his days studying for long hours, but also helped his father regularly for a few hours in stitching work. "I want to help and support my father to get out of the financial crisis our family is in. I am happy that these good marks will help me to do,"said Hardik, who now wishes to pursue engineering at the IIT.



Rabari Dixit, son of a driver, secured 95.22 percentage in the medical stream. Dedicated to his studies, he spent 16 to 18 hours a day studying and avoided watching television even when his entire family did. "My brother would keep informing me about the cricket scores to keep my mind refreshed. I wouldn't have been able to achieve this without the support from my family members," said Dixit. He now aims to pursue MBBS and become a doctor.



A student of Kameshwari Vidya Mandir School, Memon Ammar Mohmmad Salim secured a percentage of 94.3 and a percentile of 99.13. Belonging to a family that has 21 doctors, Ammar aspires to be one too and has a good reason for the same. "Very few in our community become doctors. Most of my family members are doctors and have been serving the society for years. I wish to do the same," said Ammar. Ammar spent 8-to-10 hours studying during his exams.



Bhakti Shah followed the footsteps of her mother Parul Shah and sister Foram Shah when she became the third one in the family to top both her class XII exams (medical stream).



"I had topped the exam in 1980. My elder daughter topped it in 2009 and now, my little one has made me proud. I am extremely glad," said Dr Parul, Bhakti's mother.



full article in the link below

https://in.news.yahoo.com/gujarat-among-top-scorers-sons-040900620.html



__._,_.___

Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <ravi.narasimhan.in@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Upgrade your account with the latest Yahoo Mail app
Get organized with the fast and easy-to-use Yahoo Mail app. Upgrade today!

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment