Friday 15 April 2016

[www.keralites.net] Camron Diaz Is Not Afraid Of Wrinkles + 12 Actresses Who Embraced Ageing Gracefully

 

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Hollywood actress Camron Diaz feels the best part of growing older is the knowledge she gains through new experiences. The Mask star, who recently released her second book, The Longevity Book: Live Stronger, Live Better, The Art of Ageing Well, discussed about her lack of fear when it comes to ageing.

Femalefirst quoted Diaz saying that through her research, she has learned more about ageing physically, but she also looks forward to how much she gains in life experiences.

"For me I feel like if I it's almost as if we have failed if we don't remain 25 for the rest of our lives. Like we are failures. Like it's my fault that at 40 years old... I still don't look like I'm 25." Diaz had said in the past.

The 43-year-old also feels "stress, inflammation, lack of movement, poor nutrition, lack of sleep and not being connected to the people you love" contribute to premature ageing the most, but she was also shocked to learn about it on a cellular level.

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Diaz, who believes she wasn't able to defy nature, is not the only one who has embraced her wrinkles and destigmatising. Here are some other divas who have been vocal about ageing gracefully.

1. Sharon Stone

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The 58-year-old actress has always been honest about her tryst with ageing. After much struggle, she has accepted the change gracefully.

"There was a point in my 40s where I went into the bathroom with a bottle of wine, and I cried and cried and cried... I don't want to be an 'ageless beauty.' I want to be a woman who is the best I can be at my age."

2. Oprah Winfrey

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The talk show host has always been baffled by our culture's obsession "with not growing into who we were really meant to be." We wonder if those wrinkle creams would make any sense in her bathroom!

3. Helen Mirren

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

At 70, the Oscar winner was signed as L'Oreal's new leading lady. She definitely seems to have a plan to not endorse the industry's obsession with youth, rather change it. She works on one condition, that the brand should not photoshop a thing. Mirren wants every single wrinkle to be seen naturally in magazines and commercials. She refused to hide what time has done to her!

"I don't often wish that I'm younger because I think that it's pretty cool to be older. What I love the most about being older is that lovely I don't give a freakness kind of thing. All you young things dont be afraid of getting older because it's freaking great!"

4. Jane Seymour

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

She posed on the cover of Closer in a bikini at the age of 62. She gave out the message that older women can definitely be sexy!

"It's just pure joy. The best thing about being 62 is being alive and healthy...I made a choice a while ago that I wanted to age gracefully and actually have my own face."

5. Diane Keaton

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The American actress believes that being old does not feel any less good than being young.

"The more you change, the more you see differently. And the more you see differently, the more you're open to different kinds of beauty. I think the more we embrace what our own feelings about beauty are, the more fun it's going to be for us as we go along."

6. Jane Fonda

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The 78-year-old actress confesses that she might have cried over her own mortality, but she's not scared of dying.

"I think it's really important to realize we're not going to live forever. With age, I am able to appreciate the beauty in small things more than when I was younger perhaps because I pay attention more."

7. Jamie Lee Curtis

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

She mostly laughs it off when talking about laugh lines and crow's feet! At 57, she is one of the firm believers of ageing "unapologetically". She carries her silver hair with pride and believes the lines on her face isn't something which needs to be "fixed". 

"I am appalled that the term we use to talk about aging is 'anti'..."

8. Kathleen Turner

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The yesteryear sex symbol gets annoyed when people fuss about her getting old.

"I don't look like I did 30 years ago. Get over it! You have to get to that place as a woman where you know your worth isn't dependent on (looks)."

9. Reese Witherspoon

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

The 40-year-old has a strong opinion about ageing and shaming. She said this about plastic surgeries:

"I have plenty of friends who do stuff and if it makes you feel good, great. But I don't think it's the fix for some sort of unease that you're having about who you are as a human being." 

10. Jaclyn Smith

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

She has no qualms about those lines! The former Charlie's Angels has had her own experience of ageing in Hollywood.   

"Every stage of life has something special and certainly this one does. To dwell on looks or the superficial, I don't think brings happiness. What brings me joy and peace is family."

11. Diane Von Furstenberg

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Despite being an iconic fashion designer, she doesn't hold any unrealistic beauty standards. At 69, she has chosen to embrace the way her face has changed and she is loving it.

"I know that people look at me and wonder why I have not succumbed to the progress of technology... In my older face, I see my life. Every wrinkle, every smile line, every age spot. Your wrinkles reflect the roads you have taken. They form the map of your life."

12. Drew Barrymore

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Her vibrant persona reflects even on her views on ageing.

"It's the best time of my life. It's not traumatic at all. I don't think I've ever been happier. It's like the older I get, the better I get. Gravity and wrinkles are fine with me. They're a small price to pay for the new wisdom inside my head and my heart."

In the times when natural beauty is biting the dust under the shadows of science and technology, these wonder women are standing strong against anything that's "unnatural". Hail you ladies!


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Fereshteh Jamshidi <fayjay81@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment