Sunday 6 December 2015

[www.keralites.net] Living with an enlarged prostate

 

--Forwarded mail--

Now that I am a member of this distinguished Group, I would like to share one of my personal experiences with the members. In my particulars you probably noticed that I was teaching Pre-Medical students (human anatomy, physiology, etc.), during the early years of my career, and I am now back to my past, irrespective of my drifting to becoming a scienc writer/editor in my pursuit for a better career. Much of the literature I dive into everyday now, after my retirement, is medical literature.

My personal experience of dealing with my enlarged prostate with doctors in Syria, USA, and India is that there is no treatment in allopathy (or Ayurveda or homeopathy) that can help to reduce the size of an enlarged prostate (except surgery). I may be wrong, as I always say to my peers and those more knowledgeable than me. The allopathic medicines (Dr Reddy's in India) have severe side effects, do not work, and I always threw them away without completing the course.

The key lies in making sure that your enlarged prostate is not cancerous. A PSA test is done to figure this out, who does not know it? Even if the PSA report shows there is no cancer, the doctors advise that those with an enlarged prostate should have a PSA done every year. As long as your enlarged prostate is not cancerous, just live with it without worrying too much about it, in my opinion, and try to deal with the symptoms. If it is cancerous, your best option would be to get it surgically removed as soon as possible.

When nothing worked for me (my enlarged prostate is benign, not cancerous, thank God), I stumbled on an Ayurvedic medicine on the Internet (referred to as nutritional supplements in the western world), called Saw Palmetto, to treat an enlarged prostate. I googled extensively for weeks and months to improve my knowledge about this "supplement" and went through patient experiences from all over the world. I also discovered that Saw Palmetto was available not only in the U.S.and Europe but also in India (by Zenith) online from MyNutramart.com (not in Ayurvedic retail shops).

I decided to give it a try, after all. And it has worked for me.

Saw Palmetto does not reduce the size of an enlarged prostate, unfortunately, which it indirectly claims, but it helps control any further enlargement of the prostate (controls bacterial growth in prostate) and definitely controls the symptoms (frequent urge to urinate and the inability to hold the urine in the bladder until you have found a toilet/a bush/or somebody's compound wall (!) in a secluded place to empty your bladder (where in India?!) when you are out of your house.

Please google Saw Palmetto to know what it is all about. Do not trust me at all.

I bought a bottle of Saw Palmetto capsules that would last for 10 months because I thought that this was going to be a long-term treatment. But, to my surprise, my symptoms subsided within two weeks, and I had to put the expired capsules of Saw Palmetto in trash.

Now, in a lighter vein: A lot of noise has been made in the media recently in Indian newspapers about Indian men urinating on the road, with pictures of those urinating to embarrass them (Deccan Chronicle), and that no woman is ever seen urinating on the roadside in India. The answer is that it is men who have a prostate, not women. And do I need to explain how women benefit from men's prostate when having sex? No. You know it.

Disclaimer: This message is only to share my personal experience and knowledge and not to advise those with an enlarged prostate on what treatment/s they should follow.

Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

Fun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.netFun & Info @ Keralites.net
whatsapp # 090355 30833
MANGALORE
Yahoo Messenger Id: hegde_csl@yahoo.co.in
Think Good Do Good


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3M=2ED=2E_?= =?UTF-8?Q?HEGDE=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3?= <hegde_csl@yahoo.co.in>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment