Thursday 24 October 2013

[www.keralites.net] Is Moral Values disappear fast

 


Dear all:

This is not to provoke anybody but as a responsible and widely read forum of all malayalees, I thought I would share what happens in our midst. One incident that I saw this morning in the Guruvayoor-Ernakulam Passenger compelled me to write this mail. But are you listening?...

I do not know from where they boarded the train but when I reached the compartment, they were there and they alighted at Edappally. It was very crowded as usual and a lady (probably a youth in her Salwar Kameez) holding hands of a 3-4 years old boy was standing in the aisle compromising with the heavy rush.

When the train about to reach Angamaly station, the nearest side seat was emptied and she sat there with the boy on her lap. All of a sudden, a gentle man came from nowhere and stood alongside the seat. It was heavily congested there nearby the gate hence the pressure of rush has to be suffered by the lady also not directly but through the heavy weight of this man pressing her towards the window. She was helpless and tolerating him and his movements on her shoulder.

When the train reached Aluva station, the seat opposite to her fell vacant and I got seated there to witness the pressure of the rush in the train till they alighted at Edappally station. Many things were flashed in my mind when I saw what is happening just in front of me. First of all, should I call the police for such vulgarity happening in the daylight to a poor girl who is either afraid or too decent to report? In such case what will happen to me? I know it is Kerala. People will turn and tie up with both the sides that you will never know at the end of the story.

Second thought was a frustration as to why this lady is mum and not even asking him to just move a little aside. Even any man could sense the danger and act accordingly but she is very calm. Maybe she does not want a scene there. While I was reasoning with all these topics (silly fellow), they alighted. To my surprise this man was also alighted with her and he was smiling at me after getting down from the train as he is sure that I have clearly seen what he was up to and their movements.

When many members also joined from that coupe, I understood that it was a family and he was the either father or chechys husband. I was very ashamed at that point how could a father how could a relative do it in a public place? If so, what was happening in their home? Is our moral values and dignity prevalent in the Society that Malayalees being once proud of them vanished from this great Gods Own Country?

At the same time, it gives me a conviction that all these incidents happen amidst us because our daughters, ladies are not brave enough that their tongue is swallowed inside that they cannot even make a little sound or scared to alert for others to wake up. In this way, how incidents can be prevented but to lament over the incident once it happens to me and you. Thanks to the bravo girl who informed her relatives/friends and got the bus owners son arrested for his childish plays. Are we going to be the next Delhi? We can make a difference in the society as we did at the time of Nokkukooli times.

Have a

A Happy Mallu


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment