Wednesday 7 August 2013

[www.keralites.net] IN THE STILLNESS OF THE NIGHT - POEM BY MARY ANN

IN THE STILLNESS OF THE NIGHT
I sit here Lord
in the peaceful quiet of night,
sipping my coffee
waiting for Your Guiding Light.
No noise, distraction
not a sound,
just You and me
and I feel Your love abound.
You calm my thoughts
and bring release
I need this so,
this blessed peace...
In the dark silence
of this night
I listen for Your Voice,
and to my delight...
I hear You speaking
deep inside my heart
"Come closer to Me Child,
from My Ways, you must never depart".
"Rest Child, your burdens
give them all to Me,
I so long to come
and set you free".

"Be strong and courageous,
Be bold and not afraid
I surround you always
For your healing, I have paid".
My heart stirs
in the quiet of the night,
Oh Blessed Saviour
In You, I must delight!
Lord I so enjoy
just sitting here with You,
Enjoying these moments
As I feel Your presence too...
Why do I prolong
these special times with You,
Basking in Your presence
You fill my heart anew.
"Now rest child,
I am restoring you,
Be calm and of good courage
and I will see you through".
"The battles' on earth are not easy
I never said they would be,
But I am Your Refuge and Strong Tower,
You must find your strength in Me"!
©
August 6th, 2013
Mary Ann Trott
All Copy Rights Reserved
Psalm 25: 20-21 (NIV)
Guard my life and rescue me;
do not let me be put to shame,
for I take refuge in You.
May integrity and uprightness protect me,
because my hope Lord, is in You.

www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment