Wednesday 30 January 2013

[www.keralites.net] : Rahul Gandhi to replace Vinod Dua in cuisine show Zaika India Ka

 

Rahul Gandhi to replace Vinod Dua in cuisine show Zaika India Ka

 
 
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net

After assuming responsibilities as the Vice President of the Indian National Congress, yuvraj Rahul Gandhi announced his first major intervention: the Nehru-Gandhi scion will tour the length and breadth of the country as the anchor of the weekly NDTV street-food program 'Zaika India Ka'. The show was previously hosted by Vinod Dua in which he sampled local cuisine from different parts of the country.

Explaining the rationale behind his move, Rahul said, "With my elevation, it's imperative that I raise my learning curve about India. Then one day, I saw this show 'Zaiqa India ka' and I immediately realized the learning opportunity it offered for me. Replacing Vinod Dua was no big deal, as NDTV is as much ally of ours as it NCP, DMK and CBI. But what lured me most was the concept of this show. I have always loved travelling and eating at a Dalit's home, but with show, I can do it officially. This is my best move before the next Lok Sabha polls."
The Congress VP citing the following reasons for his choice of the show in a self written note"
1. It has free food. Yippeee.
2. I will get to travel in different parts of India, Yippeee Yeyeye
3. I will be on television, but it will play out according to a script. The editing team headed by Diggy uncle will ensure nothing unwarranted is aired.
Digvijay Singh has lauded the initiative and termed it as a strong answer to 'BJP's rath yatras'. "The Congress has always been with the aam aadmi, and Rahul baba will ensure he is sharing the food along with the joys and sorrows of the common man. In fact, letting Rahulji eat freely anywhere anytime in India is one of the most fundamental principles behind the Food Security Act due to pass in next Parliament session," said the veteran leader.
Considered as the mastermind behind this plan of Rahul Gandhi, Digvijay Singh continued, "Well, he will start his tour with an Italian restaurant in Banglore. Karnataka is anyways easy place for us now to begin with. Then, we will ensure that he visits all those places which we are sure to win in the next LS polls." With a slight cough, he added, "Gujarat is not on the cards since Rahul baba doesn't like Gujarati cuisine."
The move has raised the hackles of opposition leaders. An envious Nitin Gadkari said, "Damn! Why didn't the idea strike me while I was the BJP President? I will beseech the RSS to give me one more chance for
the sake of this show. Please Please Please." An irate Mamata Banerjee screamed, "I do not know phor bhat reasons, but he should totolly roll back."

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment