Friday 3 February 2012

[www.keralites.net] Poompata ☆☆☆ Egg & Peas Kurma

Egg & Peas Kurma

Sometime back, one of Jose's colleague told him, "hey, I heard your wife has a food website, so she is a great "cooker" eh?" Jose was like…"cooker"? He replied " Yeah, she cooks well" to which that person replied "You are lucky to have a good cooker as your wife" ;) So now I've been tagged with the title "cooker" blogger ;)

If you are the cooker of your family ;), I'm sure that you will agree with me if I say….it take less time to cook than to decide "what to cook". I've heard from many friends that they don't mind cooking as long as they know what to cook. That decision making is the toughest part for many and consumes most of our precious time. Even I've the same confusion at times… egg recipes come to my rescue at these times. When I'm in doubt about what to cook or if I don't have many choices, I always go for an egg curry. It's easy to make and it goes with almost anything.

I've bookmarked this recipe long time ago, but finally made it the other day when I had no clue as to what to make.

Hope you too will enjoy this:

Hard boiled eggs – 5
Onion – 2 big, finely sliced
Tomato – 2 (grind to a paste)
Green chilly – 5, split lengthwise
Cooked green peas – 1/2 cup
Coriander powder – 2-3 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 – 1/2 tsp
Ginger & garlic – 1 tbsp, chopped
Whole pepper – 1 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon - a small stick
Cloves – 3
Cardamom – 3
Medium thick coconut milk – 1 1/2 cups
Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup

Curry leaves
Coriander leaves
Salt
Oil

Grind/crush together number 7 ingredients. Heat oil in a pan and add finely sliced onions. When onion becomes golden brown colour, add the ground masala & curry leaves. Cook till the raw smell of masala goes. Add coriander & turmeric powder, cook for a few minutes. Add tomato paste & salt. When oil starts appearing, add the cooked green peas and stir well. Add the medium thick coconut milk. Let it boil. Add the egg pieces, and cook for 5 more minutes. Add thick coconut milk and cook for around 5 more minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot with roti/appam/chapathi/puttu etc;

Notes: I used coconut oil for this recipe. In the original recipe, potato is also used. If you want, you can use 1 medium size potato (cubed & boiled) and add it along with the green peas.


www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment