Saturday 5 November 2011

[www.keralites.net] RIGHTEOUSNESS

 

COMRADES

We are after all human beings and being human beings basically equal ,even though our capacities, status and positions may defer.

Greatness is usually eulogized and made immortal when humanness is manifested explicitly. . . . . . . . . . . . An example I will never forget is that of our Late K. KunhiramaMenon a legendary Advocate in his own time of Calicut ,Kerala and India. Every one even Ministers usually folds their hands and bows before Mr Kunhirama Menon in reverence and respect. This great personality was practicing in the Lower courts ,High court and supreme court even at the age of say 94 and died after conducting a case in the High court of Kerala at the age of nienty five. Murder cases were the forte of this great man. Even though Mr KunhiramaMenon took fees in lakhs ,he was sooo considerate that he will take say ten thousand from poor or conduct cases freely for deserving. Mr KunhiramaMenons cross examination was soooooo effective that even doctors of forensic medicine will look ignorant in the witness box on being questioned by the great Advocate.

I usually used to watched Mr KunhiramaMenon while conducting cases and any one who hasthe ability of perception will be able to learn many a tactics of conducting cases. When I was a Junior independent advocate I was rather dreaming of conducting cases in the High court of Kerala. I thought a lot and ultimately asked Mr KunhiramaMenon for permission to appear in a case along with him in The High court of Kerala,just to watch . Even though I was not a Junior of KunhiramaMenon my request was immediately granted and I went to Ernakulam and went to the court with one junior of Mr Menon one, James Joseph . when I entered the court to watch the famous Soman Murder case in which a Police sub Inspector was alleged to have been murdered by police personals in the Police station using a service revolver. I saw James making a gesture to Advocate Mr Ramakrishnannair who immediately went and sat on a bench at the back of the court room gesticulating to me to sit there ,on seeing this I went forward ,on this James gestured to Advocate Mr M. K. Damodhran a senior advocate who immediately took Mr Menon behind the screen on the right hand side of the court and said in aloud voice that Gadhadharan should not be allowed to sit in the front. I understood that it is all the tatics of James Joseph who wanted me to be sidelined. But to my astonishment Mr KunhiramaMenon banged his foot on the floor and said . . . . he is an advocate ,he can sit anywhere and asked me to sit in the front immediately after James, Mr Menon went ahead and took the file of the case and put it in front of me gesturing me to read it. I read it and could watch the case . The case was before the full bench comprising of Justice K. T . Thomas. Shamshudeen and Justice Thulaseedas.

Even though the accused were convicted in the lower court Mr Kunhirama Menon won the case and the accused s were acquitted .

In spite of myself being a no one when compared to Mr KunhiramaMenon ,I was allowed to sit in front along with the great man because of explicit humanness .

This is Humanness/Righteousness and eulogies the Greatness of Late Mr KunhiramaMenon and makes himimmortalin the hearts of people.

Gadhadharan. P
3/604,Manipuram lane
Nadakav, Calicut-673011
Kerala State, India


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.


Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment