Monday 24 October 2011

[www.keralites.net] THIS WORLD IS NOT PERFECT(DALAI LAMA)

 

The fact that there is always a positive side to life is the one thing that gives me a lot of happiness. This world is not perfect. There are problems. But things like happiness and unhappiness are relative. Realizing this gives you hope.
HIS HOLINESS, THE 14thDALAI LAMA

A short message that can do wonders in making you a better human being! Essentially this world is not at all perfect as we see it and feel it. With all the flaws so glaringly visible (as is shouting from the rooftops) we can hardly call it something perfect. I have frequently heard from my mother that this world needs to be constructed all over again. As a young one, who is exuberant and enthusiastic, I could not fully grasp the import of these words. Now that I myself have to suffer because of the maladies of this world, I can very well comprehend the psychological implications of these words.

A few years ago I had written a poem, entitledWhat if:

What if I cant cry
when heart is heavy,
I still can wipe a tear
with my laughing eyes.

What if I cant fly
even if heart wishes to,
I still can soar high
with daring dreams.

What if words fail me
when it is most important,
I still can surely make
my silence expressive.

What if I cant have
what I wish to,
I still can achieve
what I aspire to.

It just depends on your attitude when you see the glassful or as half empty. The fact of the matter is that it contains liquid equal to half the capacity of the glass. The key to success and individual happiness lies in the point of view that you carry. It is often said: It is better to cover your feet than to carpet the whole world. And then you have a bagful of hopes and aspirations to be fulfilled

COURTESY: Amritbir Kaur



--
Aano bhadra krtavo yantu vishwatah.(- RIG VEDA)
"Let noble thoughts come to me from all directions"

REGARDS
Miss.Shaija Vallikatri Bhaskaran

www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
MARKETPLACE

Stay on top of your group activity without leaving the page you're on - Get the Yahoo! Toolbar now.

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment