17 Amazing Benefits Of Mustard Seeds (Rai) For Skin, Hair And Health
Health Benefits Of Mustard Seeds:Apart from the taste benefits of mustard seeds and the easy availability that made them popular, one can find a number of mustard seed benefits for our health too. Some of the mustard seeds health benefits are mentioned below.
1. Cancer Treatment:The presence of compounds like glucosinolates and mirosinase in mustard seeds are known to use phytochemicals to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. This is definitely a major mustard seeds health benefit (1).
2. Rheumatic Arthritis:Mustard seeds are a source of relief for people having rheumatic arthritis. The selenium and magnesium content in it helps in providing relief from this problem (2).
3. Migraine:Migraine occurrence also reduces owing to the magnesium content present in the mustard seed. A little touch of mustard to your fish can boost the constituting omega-3 content (3).
4. Respiration Congestion:Mustard seeds or mustard in general is known to relieve any congestion problems in respiration (4).
5. Nightshades:Mustard seeds should find an inclusion in your list of daily spices if you want to avoid nightshades.
6. Disease Prevention:There are certain nutrients in mustard seeds that prevent diseases from occurring. They are all a part of the basic structure of the Brassica family to which mustard belongs (5).
7. Dietary Fibre:Mustard seeds are a good source of dietary fibres that improve digestion in the body. They make the bowel movements better, thus improving the overall metabolism of the body. The fibre content here is mostly very readily soluble making it effective for use (6).
8. Cancer Risk Prevention:Selenium content in mustard seeds provides good resistance to the body against cancer cell formation. It is known to slow down the rate of development of cancer cells and also acts as an anti-oxidant (7).
9. Blood Pressure and Menopausal Relief:A number of nutrients present in mustard seeds like copper, iron, magnesium and selenium also assist in the treatment of blood pressure and menopause relief (8).
10. Asthma:Mustard seeds are also known to be beneficial for Asthma patients. The presence of minerals like copper, magnesium, iron and selenium in it are responsible for the prevention of Asthma Attacks (9).
Skin Benefits Of Mustard Seeds
11. Natural scrub: Mustard seeds are a natural scrub. You can add it to either lavender or rose essential oil. Use this mix to scrub your face and exfoliate dead skin.12. Hydrates skin: Mustard seeds, used with aloe vera gel, can act as a great combination to hydrate your skin. It removes all impurities from your face and nourishes it from within (10).
13. Slows ageing: Mustard seeds make for a great source of carotene and lutein. It is also a great power house of vitamin A, C and K. Together these nutrients make for an excellent antioxidant (11).14. Fights infections: These seeds contain a good amount of sulphur which is known for its anti-fungal properties. They help ward off skin infections (12).
Hair Benefits Of Mustard Seeds15. Hair growth: Mustard oil, extracted from mustard seeds, is a good source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is a great nutrient for hair growth. It is also a great stimulant which leads to faster hair growth (13).
16. Strengthens hair: Mustard seeds contain protein, calcium, vitamin A and E, omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids. All of these together strengthen your hair from within. Strengthened hair means lesser hair fall too.17. Conditions: Mustard seeds contain fatty acids. These are known to condition your hair from deep within. It also gives hair a good shine and bounce.
How to select mustards seeds
How to store
How to use
Interesting facts about mustard seeds
Recipes using mustard seeds
1. Mustard seeds rice:
2. Mustard seeds dip sauce:
3. Cabbage with mustard seeds:
Mustard Seeds USDA Nutrition Chart:Mustard seeds of weight 11 grams in one serving contain the following nutrients.
Think Good Do Good
Whatsap Group +91 93433 66788
From: Thomas Jayabhai
Sent: Monday, 3 April 2017 6:31 PM
Subject: Mustard seeds
Dear Dr. Hegde,
Thank you for all of your articles and videos that you are publishing for free to all of your readers. Almost all of your articles are packed with information which had helped me in altering my lifestyle and had benefited from it.
I have seen repeated articles but with varying information on the same topics as well all of them which I save them for future references.
One information I am missing till today, is of the mustard seeds. From Wikipedia I could see that the scientific name is Brassica nigra. I have not come across any articles written about mustard seeds by any health organizations or doctors or such. I would like to have your comments on the benefits of this seeds. I really love these seeds and ask my wife to put in these seeds to the maximum amount in any food items it fits!
Once again thank you for sharing your valuable knowledge with the world which is very rare in today's money minded society. God Bless you abundantly.
Thomas M. Jayabhai
Posted by: =?UTF-8?Q?=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3M=2ED=2E_?= =?UTF-8?Q?HEGDE=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3_=E2=99=A3?= <firstname.lastname@example.org>
|Reply via web post||•||Reply to sender||•||Reply to group||•||Start a New Topic||•||Messages in this topic (1)|
To subscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralitesfirstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralitesemail@example.com.