Wednesday 18 January 2017

[www.keralites.net] How to be Happy!

 

 

Happiness!
 


This story is about a beautiful, rich, expensively dressed lady who complained to her psychiatrist that, she felt, her whole life was empty and worthless; it had no meaning, after her husband passed away. She became all alone in the big house. All these German Cars, House, Expensive Furniture, French Cutlery, French Perfume, Persian Carpet, Imported Piano, all the Beethoven Collection, they all became, just useless objects to her. After a long thinking, she decided to do something about it. Then next question was what to do now. So the lady went to visit a counselor to seek permanent and long-lasting happiness.
The counsellor called over an old lady who cleaned the office floors. The counsellor then said to the rich lady "I';m going to ask Mary here to tell you how she found happiness. All I want you to do, is listen to her."
 
So the old cleaning lady put down her broom and sat on a chair and told her story: "Well, my husband died of malaria and three months later my only son was killed in a car accident. I had nobody... I had nothing left. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat, I never smiled at anyone, I even thought of taking my own life.
 
Then one evening, a little kitten followed me home from work. Somehow I felt sorry for that kitten. It was cold outside, so I decided to let the kitten in. I got it some milk, and the kitten licked the plate clean. Then it purred and rubbed against my leg and for the first time, in months, I smiled.
 
Then I stopped to think, if helping a little kitten could make me smile, may be doing something for people could make me happier. So the next day I baked some biscuits and took them to a neighbor who was sick in bed. Every day I tried to do something nice for someone. It made me so happy to see them happy. Today, I don't know of anybody who sleeps and eats better than I do. I've found happiness, by giving it to others."
 
When the rich lady heard that, she cried. She had everything that money could buy, but she had lost the things which money cannot buy.
 
The beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are; it depends on how happy others can be because of you. Later that lady became a President of a Philanthropic Organization, in Dallas, Texas. Now the lady is busy almost all twenty-four hours of the day, serving people, finding eternal happiness".

 

 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Cool Kis <cooolkis@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment