Monday 26 December 2016

[www.keralites.net] Daily positive Thought!

 

True winning is accepting not resisting!

If you ever find yourself defending a position, explaining why, or justifying anything, it means you have been defeated. It means you have not been able to accept the others point of view, or the fact that you may be wrong.
 

Fear has conquered your mind and your heart. Your defenses are up and you are running scared. It's not that the other person has conquered you, it's the self-created fear that is in control.
Until you can accept the other (you don't have to agree) and you are not threatened by the other, your victories will be delayed. It's a funny old world when true winning is accepting not resisting, when victory is found in the wisdom to stop fighting and to begin engaging.


Practical Exercise On Intellect Reawakening And Empowerment

It has been estimated that for around 80% of our daily routine we are ruled by habits. This means that most of the time we go straight from thought (created by the mind) to action, without checking the quality of our thoughts. In this way, we bypass the intellect, and do not use our capacity to judge right from wrong and to make conscious decisions. What we need to do now is reawaken, use and empower the intellect, which is true spiritual empowerment.

Practical Exercise
Withdraw your attention from everything around you.  Create a simple thought in your mind.   Concentrate on the thought. Then use your intellect to judge to what extent the thought is right or wrong and what the quality of that thought is (is it a negative thought, a waste or unnecessary thought, a necessary thought, a positive one etc.?).   If you decide it is not a good thought, leave it and create a better thought. In this way, you consciously exercise control of your mind and intellect thereby strengthening your mental and intellectual capaci ties. This will also help you regain your feelings of rule over the self.


If thoughts or images come from your memories or from sources outside your own mind while you are busy in this inner exercise, don't give them any mental energy. Let them go and bring your attention back to your own conscious creation (mentioned above). Once, you have mastered this in this exercise; try the same process while you busy in your daily routine.


To help others discover their talents is the best help we can give.


Sometimes people are unaware of their talents, or afraid to use them. But if we do not use the gifts we have been given, we can never be truly happy. Throughout our lives, people help us grow.  As we grow older, we can help others too. Making others aware of the things they do well and subtly encouraging them to use their talents is the best way to help them progress.
 
Message for the day
 
To stand for what we believe in is not to fall before what we fear.

Though to Ponder: When fear takes over, I need to focus more on what I believe in, rather than focusing on what I fear. To think of what I don't want or what I want to avoid is not the solution. Rather, I need to focus my energies on what I want. When I do this, I will be able to avoid negativity and use my potential and energy for what needs to be done.
 
Point to Practice: Today I will think of one thing I have been avoiding. I will then see what I want to do in its place. If I don't want something, there would surely be something that I want. When I start working on what I should be doing, I will naturally be able to do away with what I fear or what I am avoiding.

 

 


__._,_.___

Posted by: Cool Kis <cooolkis@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Have you tried the highest rated email app?
With 4.5 stars in iTunes, the Yahoo Mail app is the highest rated email app on the market. What are you waiting for? Now you can access all your inboxes (Gmail, Outlook, AOL and more) in one place. Never delete an email again with 1000GB of free cloud storage.

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment