Tuesday 8 December 2015

[www.keralites.net] Twenty Quotes by Samuel Beckett:

 

1. We are all born mad, some remain so.
2. You are on Earth. There's no cure for that.
3. The tears of the world are a constant quantity. For each one who begins to weep somewhere else another stops. The same z true of the laugh.
4. My mistakes are my life.
5. The end z in the beginning and yet you go on.
6. I use the words you taught me. If they don't mean anything anymore, teach me others. Or let me be silent.
7. Normally I didn't see a great deal. I didn't hear a great deal either. I didn't pay attention. Strictly speaking I wasn't there. Strictly speaking I believe I've never been anywhere.
8. Memories are killing. So you must not think of certain things, of those that are dear to you, or rather you must think of them, for if you don't there z the danger of finding them, in your mind, little by little.
9. I pause to record that I feel in extraordinary form. Delirium perhaps.
10. If you don't know where you are currently standing, you are dead.
11. No, I regret nothing, all I regret z having been born, dying z such a long tiresome business I always found.
12. There's man all over for you, blaming on his boots the fault of his feet.
13. People are bloody ignorant apes.
14. Words are all we have.
15. Nothing is funnier than unhappiness.
16. Habit is a great deadener.
17. I've got my faults, but changing my tune isn't one of them.
18. Art has nothing to do with clarity, does not dabble in the clear and does not make clear.
19. How hideous is the semicolon.
20. Nothing is more real than nothing.
 

__._,_.___

Posted by: Fereshteh Jamshidi <fayjay81@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment