Monday 28 September 2015

Re: [www.keralites.net] Refund not received even after eight months for cancelled flight ticket by Make my trip

 

If any one know the email id and contact details of Trichy Mr.Pushpavanam an activist on consumer protection and working as professor in Trichy national college, please let me know. Thanks. Govindarakann
 
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2015 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] Refund not received even after eight months for cancelled flight ticket by Make my trip
 
Dear sir,
I booked through net banking. Till now no progress. Make my trip is thick skinned. They may think that I may not resort to legal action as the cost of litigation is more than the amount involved. I have now lodged my grievance with the following agencies for mediation.
  1. http://core.nic.in/Complainant/Complaintinfo.aspx supported by ministry of consumer affairs.
  2. http://www.akosha.com/reviews?pageNo=479&unResolved=0 (THis is private I think)
  3. National consumer helpline supported by ministry of consumer affairs.
Can lawyer members and retired judges in our group suggest any method  to bring pressure on the company? Can a criminal complaint be filed in local police station against this company under cyber crimes? thanks for the suggestion.
Govindarajan
 
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2015 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] Refund not received even after eight months for cancelled flight ticket by Make my trip
 
 

Dear Govindarajan,

If you have booked ticket with your credit card, you can claim it from your bank as you have not received the service.

Try!

Regards,

Jose
 


On Sunday, 20 September 2015 3:53 PM, "govindarajanln@yahoo.com [Keralites]" <Keralites@yahoogroups.com> wrote:


 
Dear Sri.P.K.Agarwal,
Thanks for your effort sir.  The company has not returned the money so far. their latest reply is attached in the attached PDF file. I have called their helpline number. It is menu driven No menu is provided for grievances and so my attempts failed. Do you know any organization who can sensitize the public? Regards. Govindarajan
 
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2015 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: [www.keralites.net] Refund not received even after eight months for cancelled flight ticket by Make my trip
 
 
I had take up the matter with "make my trip" and the response received is given below
Ln. P.K. Agrawal
Image

Subject

[www.keralites.net] Refund not received even after eight months for cancelled flight ticket by Make my trip
Response By Email (Gayatri Mudaliar) (19/09/2015 12.24 PM)
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip Customer Support!
We request you to wait for 24 hrs time for the concerned department to get back to you.
If you require urgent assistance, please feel free to call us on our toll free number at 1800-102-8747 or +91-124-4628747 (from networks in and outside India).
Warm Regards,
Team MakeMyTrip.com
Auto-Response By (Administrator) (19/09/2015 08.10 AM)
Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting MakeMyTrip.com.
A Reference ID 150919-008824 has been assigned for your query. To enable us to serve you better you are requested not to change the subject line containing the Reference ID when replying to us. You can expect a reply from our end within 24 hours. However, sometimes it may take us longer to get back to you, owing to the nature of the query. If you have already made a booking and have not mentioned this on the email, we would request you to reply back on this email with the booking Id.
If you require urgent assistance and your travel is before 24 hours we would request you to call us on our toll free number at 1800-102-8747 or +91-124-4628747 (from networks in and outside India).
Warm regards,
Team MakeMyTrip.com
On Friday, September 18, 2015 4:19 PM, "govindarajanln@yahoo.com [Keralites]" wrote:
Copy of my e-mail to Letters to the editor The Hindu sent on 17-Sep-2015
Dear Editor:
Reference ID:[150714-009352] Order No NF2203737487655P01  http://www.makemytrip.com
I booked flight ticket on 2-Oct-2014 paying Rs.8215 Booking reference number 36554800 online from my pension SB account for my Son's travel. I cancelled the above flight ticket on 10-Jan-2015. Rs.4425 was due as refund. The portal demanded my SB account details which was used for booking the ticket on the date of cancellation and I furnished on the same day i.e. on 10-Jan-2015. Company acknowledged receipt of SB details in the portal. (Normally SB details are not asked. For ticket cancellation, refund is made to the account used for booking the ticket automatically ).  No money was received for a long time. The company swore that part refund Rs.2059 was remitted on 29-Jan-2015. But the money never reached my account. Several emails were sent from Jan-2015 onwards. My bank statements were repeatedly submitted. Once again in April-2015 the company asked for SB account details. Again these were submitted. Money did not reach my account. Registered notice sent on 2-July-2015 demanding payment of Rs.4425. (If the company remittance to my account bounced, the company should definitely be aware of it. So far the company did not provide proof of their remittance or explained the reason for any remittance bouncing).

The truth remains that part refund Rs,2059, and Rs.204 reached my SB account on 30-July-2015 quoting booking reference PGRfnd-CCAvn-36554800- Balance of Rs.2162 is due to me as on 12-Sep-2015. For this, company is constantly repeating that matter is pending in their accounts department. On 12-Sep-2015, the company to buy time once again asked for my SB details which company knows already. However, SB account details have been submitted again on 12-Sep-2015. Intention of the company is doubtful. So far all the replies by the company are evasive, dubious, inaccurate and misleading. The company  now agreed that there was a mistake on their part in reducing the refund amount from 4425 to 2059.  The company repeatedly states that their accounts department is bogged with large number of such queries causing delay. This leads to believe that large amounts of public money are held by refund department which is a clear case of misuse of public money. Today on 17-Sep-2015, the company is repeating that the matter is referred to the accounts department. It may be noted that refund from railways where the volume is very heavy reached my account in three days.

I will be happy if the company refunds Rs.2162 due to me with interest  for the delayed period, and compensation for the mental agony, tension and harassment caused to me a senior citizen. So far 98 emails exchanged.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I had already circulated the dubious methods followed by the above company to avoid refund payment of cancelled ticket, and my refund is yet to be received from www.makemytrip.com. Yesterday I received one email from the above company to furnish them my SB account details, which are already with them. I shot back to the company whether they have restarted the cycle. Yes. They have restarted the cycle. Now they are repeating that they have forwarded my query to their accounts department.
At this juncture, I came across the portal http://core.nic.in/ where consumer coordination council supported by ministry of consumer affairs is trying to find a solution to consumer issues. I have lodged my grievance/complaint in the online portal of NIC http://core.nic.in/Complainant/FileComplaint.aspx and sent a  direct email to director@core.nic.in , and director.coreccc@gmail.com.
I will share the outcome. If any other process other than consumer court is available, please share the details. I look forward for guidance from lawyers and judges in our forum. I do not have the physical strength to attend court cases. If any forum takes up the case, I will hand over the case to them.
Thanks and regards,
Govindarajan

www.keralites.net


__._,_.___

Posted by: <govindarajanln@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (15)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment