Wednesday 19 August 2015

[www.keralites.net] I want to make a difference’: Charudatta Jadhav Bl ind Chess Player with an MBA - A Story that will inspire you [1 Attachment]

 

I want to make a difference': Charudatta Jadhav Blind Chess Player with an MBA :-   A Story that will inspire you


 

I  was 13 years old when I lost my eyesight due to an eye disease. My eyesight didn't go all of a sudden, but kept fading and blurring little by little. Initially I insisted that I be sent to school because I wasn't ready to give up yet. My sole motive in life was to do well at school, get a good job and provide for my family.


 

My father, a mill worker, lost his job during the '80s and that made it all the more imperative for me to be an able breadwinner. But as time passed by, I realised that I had to drop out of school. As my vision  faded away, my dreams started crumbling before my eyes and it was the end of the world, as I knew it.

Today, I have represented India at several international chess competitions and participated in world chess championship. I have also created Talk 64, a first-of-its-kind chess training and gaming software that helps the blind improve their gaming skills independently.
 

 

Chess put me on par with sighted people. It inspired me to do things and not be crippled by my handicap. That's when I decided to scale Peak Shitidhar, which stands at a height of 17,220 feet.

Today, I am an MBA with a cushy job with a software company. I have developed a screen reader for Windows and a navigation system that helps the visually challenged people move independently in the city. I am also developing a pocket reader, to help visually challenged to read any printed material.

 

I want to make a difference. And that will start by changing people's outlook. My motive in life today is to instill a sense of faith in blind people. I don't want the world to treat us any differently. I am as good as anybody else. And I want sighted people to realise that.

Read the full article in the link belwo

http://archives.deccanchronicle.com/130414/commentary-sunday-chronicle/article/%E2%80%98i-want-make-difference%E2%80%99-charudatta-jadhav
 


 

Please share this

ravi


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
View attachments on the web

Posted by: Ravi Narasimhan <ravi.narasimhan.in@gmail.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)

Check out the automatic photo album with 1 photo(s) from this topic.
a2.jpg

KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment