Tuesday 30 June 2015

[www.keralites.net] സമയമാം ര ഥത്തില്‍ ഞാന്‍............

 

"Samayamam Radhathil njaan Swarggayaathra cheyyunnu...En swadesham kaanmathinnaay Njaan thaniye pokunnu..."! This beautiful song, translated into 17 other languages, was written in Malayalam by the German Missionary, Rev.Fr. Volbrecht Nagel in 1897, 118 years ago, and he also composed the music based on a folk song 'Oh My Darling Clementine...'! 

We should be grateful to Rev.Fr. Nagel for this classic hymn that has the brilliant words and music, which has become part of our culture at funerals, so much so that it is never sung at any other time, though it's on everyone's lips, as it reminds one of a funeral! Fr. Nagel wrote and tuned this song so that people could listen to the beautiful words and feel closer to God, but since the time it was sung during Sathyan's funeral in June 1971, it became the most popular song at funerals, though it was not meant to be a 'Funeral Song"! 

Vayalar modified the words of Fr. Nagel to the music of Devarajan for the film 'Aranaazhika Neram' in 1970 -- but the credit must go to the great Missionary, Rev.Fr. Volbrecht Nagel! He learned to read and write Malayalam and has also written and composed many hymns in Malayalam, almost 100 hymns, which are still sung in many churches in Kerala: 'Snehathin Idayanam Yesuway', 'Jayam jayam kollum naam', 'Ente jeevanaam Yesuve', 'Daivathinte Eka puthran', etc!  I just felt that the great Missionary, Rev.Fr. Volbrecht Nagel should get the credit for this Masterpiece, and not the ones who modified it, even if they they are great for their own work, whom I admire greatly! I believe that the credits should be given to the rightful owners, and no disrespect to anyone else!
 

*****************************************************************

Sing this everyday. Your life will change.
 

*****************************************************************

What a beautiful song. I don't know why people are scared to listen or sing this song.. It is a gist of our daily walk with our Saviour. What a joy that He Himself with His angels will receive us when we enter into glory. May God grant us this privilege. 
 

*****************************************************************

The Film "ara naazhika neram" version lyrics:

സമയമാം രഥത്തില്‍ ഞാന്‍ സ്വര്‍ഗ്ഗയാത്ര ചെയ്യുന്നു
എന്‍സ്വദേശം കാണ്മതിന്നായ് ഞാന്‍തനിയെ പോകുന്നു

ആകെയല്പനേരം മാത്രം എന്റെയാത്ര തീരുവാന്‍
ആകെയരനാഴികമാത്രം ഈയുടുപ്പു മാറ്റുവാന്‍

രാത്രിയില്‍ഞാന്‍ ദൈവത്തിന്റെ കൈകളില്‍ ഉറങ്ങുന്നു
അപ്പോഴുമെന്‍ രഥത്തിന്റെ ചക്രം മുന്നോട്ടോടുന്നു

രാവിലെഞാന്‍ ദൈവത്തിന്റെ കൈകളില്‍ ഉണരുന്നു
അപ്പോളുമെന്‍ മനസ്സിന്റെ സ്വപ്നം മുന്നോട്ടോടുന്നു

ഈപ്രപഞ്ച സുഖം തേടാന്‍ ഇപ്പോഴല്ല സമയം
എന്‍സ്വദേശത്തു ചെല്ലേണം യേശുവിനെ കാണണം

സമയമാം രഥത്തില്‍ ഞാന്‍ സ്വര്‍ഗ്ഗയാത്ര ചെയ്യുന്നു
എന്‍സ്വദേശം കാണ്മതിന്നായ് ഞാന്‍തനിയെ പോകുന്നു
 

*************************************************************************

In the chariot of the time I am on my homeward journey
Running,striving all my way to..
see the land of my own I will be reaching to its end

When I wake up at the daybreak I am blessed and fresh new day..
For the end of all my voyage is closer than yesterday..!

While in peacefull night of sleep I rest upon the arms of God
Still my chariot wheels keep rolling Straight forward my Sweet Homeland.

It's no time to seek the pleasures of this world and for the flesh
Look upon the face of God there,at my home, that's all I want..

Nothing needed on my journey that makes it so cumbersome
Just some water, just a li'l bread For the thirst and hunger's sake!


What a beauty is my homeland, How sweet is my Lord's reward..
No I dont want this world's glory this is not my real home! .

I do have my home eternal By the shore of Paradise
Tree of life with fruits the sweetest Standing by my window's side..

Angels waiting all my way long Welcome me to my own home
Refresh my strength, restore my soul Meet my needs till I'm home there!

I will praise God, forever more For He made me heir of this
Glorious portin, life eternal With His saints, though I was dead!!

 

*************************************************************************

1867 നവംബര്‍ 3 നു ജെര്‍മനിയിലെ ഹാസന്‍ എന്നാ സ്ഥലത്ത് ആയിരുന്നു വോല്‍ബ്രിറ്റ് നാഗലിന്റെ ജനനം.. 18 ആം വയസില്‍ യേശുവിനെ സ്വന്തം രക്ഷിതാവായീ സ്വീകരിച്ചതിനു ശേഷം സ്വിറ്റ്സര്‍ലന്‍ഡ് ലെ ലുതരന്‍ വൈദിക സെമിനാരിയില്‍ വേദ വിദ്യാര്‍ഥി ആയി 6 വര്‍ഷം ചിലവഴിച്ചു.. 1893 ഡിസംബര്‍ മാസത്തില്‍ ബാസല്‍ മിഷനറി ആയി നാഗല്‍ കണ്ണൂരില്‍ പ്രവര്‍ത്തനം ആരംഭിച്ചു.. വചനസത്യങ്ങളെ അടുത്തറിഞ്ഞത് മൂലം 1896 ഇല്‍ ബാസല്‍ മിഷന്‍ ബന്ധം അവസാനിപ്പിച്ച്‌ സ്വതന്ത്ര പ്രവര്‍ത്തകനായി കുന്നംകുളത്ത് എത്തിച്ചേരുകയും 1897 ഇല്‍ മിഷനറി ഹാന്‍ലി ബെടിന്റെ കൈ കീഴില്‍ വിശ്വാസ സ്നാനം സ്വീകരികയും ചെയ്തു..കുന്നംകുളത്തെ നാഗലിന്റെ ജീവിതം ദുരിതപൂര്ണം ആയിരുന്നു.. എല്ലാ വിധ സുഖസൌകര്യങ്ങളും മനപൂര്‍വം നഷ്ടപെടുത്തിയ ഈ മിഷനറി കഷ്ടതെയെ പ്രാണ സഖിയെ പോലെ സ്വീകരിച്ചു.. കുന്നംകുളത്തെ സുവിശേഷ പ്രവര്‍ത്തനങ്ങള്‍ക് ഇടയിലാണ് നാഗല്‍ ശുദ്ധ മലയാളത്തില്‍ എഴുതിയ " സമയമാം രഥത്തില്‍ " എന്ന അര്‍ത്ഥവത്തായ ഗാനം.. മലയാള ഭാഷയെ മാതൃഭാഷ പോലെ ആദരിച്ച നാഗല്‍ 66 ഗാനങ്ങള്‍ മലയാളത്തില്‍ എഴുതി തന്നു.. 1914 ഇല്‍ ജെര്‍മനിയിലെക് തിരികെ പോയ മിഷനരിക്ക് പിന്നെ തിരികെ വരാന്‍ കഴിഞ്ഞില്ല.. ഇതിനകം രണ്ടാം ലോക മഹായുദ്ധം പൊട്ടി പുറപെട്ടു .. 1921 മെയ്‌ 12 ആം തീയതി ജെര്‍മനിയില്‍ വച്ച് മലങ്കരയുടെ പ്രിയങ്കരന്‍ ആയ നാഗല്‍ സ്വര്‍ഗനാട്ടിലേക്ക് യാത്രയായി..!!


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: Aniyan <jacobthomas_aniyankunju@yahoo.com>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment