Sunday 28 December 2014

[www.keralites.net] Meet the world's strongest priest

 

Meet the world's strongest priest who has broken 19 powerlifting records over two decades
 
  • Pastor Kevin Fast, 51, still holds nine unbroken powerlifting world records
  • These include heaviest plane pulled by a man - at whopping 188.83 tonnes
  • He has also hauled fire engine 100ft and pulled 40-tonne house down road
  • Priest juggles his powerlifting ambitions with his duties at Canadian church
  • 'Most people find it hard to believe that I do these feats of strength,' he says
 
​​
He has broken a staggering 19 powerlifting records over the past two decades. 
He has also presided over thousands of services, weddings and baptisms at a Canadian church. 
 
Meet the Reverend Dr Kevin Fast, who has been dubbed the world's strongest priest.
The 51-year-old, a pastor at St Paul's Lutheran Church for 22 years, still holds nine unbroken world records for powerlifting, including the heaviest plane pulled by a man (188.83 tonnes).
Scroll down for video 
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Divine power:  The Reverend Dr Kevin Fast, pictured holding an atlas stone, is the world's strongest priest
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Record holder: The 51-year-old, who has been pastor at the church in Canada for 22 years, still holds nine unbroken world records for powerlifting.  His feats include pulling a fire engine over 100 feet (pictured)
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Strong: He is also the Guinness World Record holder for the heaviest truck pulled by an arm wrestling move, the most cabers tossed in three minutes and the heaviest plane pulled by a man (188.83 tonnes, pictured)
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Duty: Mr Fast, of Cobourg, juggles his pastoral duties with competing professionally in Highland-style gamesHARE PICTUREFun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
+1
'Greatest achievement': Mr Fast is pictured pulling a 188.83-tonne CC-177 Globemaster III - a feat that earned him a world record and raised a whopping $65,000 for charity. He described it as his 'greatest achievement'
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
 
Determined: 'Most people in religious circles find it hard to believe that I do all these feats of strength. A pastor is usually small and weak,' said Mr Fast. Above, the pastor, pictured without a beard, pulls a 40-tonne house
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Two lives: 'But my parishioners at the church are always supportive. We are a nice big family,' he continued
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Charitable: Mr Fast (pictured), who has three children, has broken a staggering 19 powerlifting records over the past two decades. He donates all of his winnings and money raised through his stunts to local charities
'But my parishioners here at the church are always supportive. We are a nice big family and they like to hear about my exploits.'
Since first trying out a set of dumbbells at the age of 12, Mr Fast has been putting himself through a gruelling training regime.

REVEREND DR KEVIN FAST'S NINE UNBROKEN WORLD RECORDS

2008 - Heaviest truck pulled over 100ft (63.2 tonnes) 
2009 - Heaviest plane pulled (188.83 tonnes)
2010 - Heaviest House pulled (40 tonnes)
2011 - Heaviest vehicle pulled by two people (75 tonnes)
2011 - Lifted and held 500kg for longest time (61 seconds)
2013 - Heaviest truck pulled with arm wrestling (12.5 tonnes)
2013 - Most people lifted with the shoulders (11)
2013 - Most cabers tossed in three minutes (14)
2013 - Heaviest sled pulled by Santa (17.5 tonnes) 
Most days he can be found training with atlas balls, tractor tyres and cabers on a plot of land gifted to him by the local authorities after he kept ruining the grass with his heavy lifting gear.
The strongman, who has three children with his wife Suzanne, donates all of his winnings and money raised through his stunts to local charities.
'I've set many records over the years - I've pulled planes, trucks, ships and trains. Just about everything you can pull,' he said.
'About the only thing I haven't pulled has been muscles. I've been competing at an extreme level for 21 years and don't want to stop now.
'I've been given the ability to do this and I believe it is a gift from God. The deal with gifts like this is you have to use them to help people otherwise it would be ungrateful.
'So with all my world record attempts I've always tried to raise money for charity.'
Mr Fast's greatest achievement was pulling a 188.83-tonne CC-177 Globemaster III - a feat that earned him a world record and raised a whopping $65,000 for charity.
Describing the challenge, Mr Fast said: 'I was pulling and pulling the plane for about 45 seconds before it even started to move.
'I was completely exhausted - I couldn't feel my muscles any more, but my mind just took over. I pulled with everything I was worth and eventually it started rolling.
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
Painful: Mr Fast is seen during his world record attempt for the most people lifted with the shoulders (11)
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
 
 
+12
 
Doing what he loves: 'I've set many records over the years - I've pulled planes, trucks, ships and trains. Just about everything you can pull,' said Mr Fast. 'About the only thing I haven't pulled has been muscles'
'After I broke the record, I didn't stop because I had zoned everything out and didn't hear the Guinness adjudicator.
'It was only when my son Jacob, who was alongside me, actually slapped me that I asked why he was hitting me and he shouted you've done it you can stop.'
Despite his success, Mr Fast's unusual hobby of pushing himself to his physical limits does not sit too well with his wife.
'My family is very supportive of the things I do, but it hasn't always been that way,' said the priest.
Fun & Info @ Keralites.net
​​
 
 
+12
Looking ahead: Mr Fast said he plans to continue breaking records, including the most cars pulled in one go


 


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___

Posted by: srikumar <sreekumar949@yahoo.in>
Reply via web post Reply to sender Reply to group Start a New Topic Messages in this topic (1)
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...

To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: http://www.keralites.net

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment