Monday 22 July 2013

[www.keralites.net] : Someone Crocheted a Giant Sweater for this Mister Rogers Statue

 

In an interview Alicia explains:
"I worked during the day and then babysat until 11pm every night, so I would work on it after my 'charge' went to bed. I don't even want to know how many hours it took! It took many many, skeins of yarn, and I actually crocheted with 3 strands of yarn together and a giant crochet hook… Because of the way the statue was made, with his arms against his legs, I couldn't just 'crochet a sweater'; it had to be done in panels and then sewn onto him. The part of the sweater that I am most proud of is the zipper–it's a real zipper!"

1.

2.

Artwork by ALICIA KACHMAR | Photograph by Jayna Janelle (JJ Crochet)

3.

4.

5.

6.


www.keralites.net

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
KERALITES - A moderated eGroup exclusively for Keralites...
To subscribe send a mail to Keralites-subscribe@yahoogroups.com.
Send your posts to Keralites@yahoogroups.com.
Send your suggestions to Keralites-owner@yahoogroups.com.

To unsubscribe send a mail to Keralites-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com.

Homepage: www.keralites.net
.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Post a Comment