Thursday 29 December 2011

[www.keralites.net] > Everyday Items In Extraordinary Situations

Bent Objects by Terry Border: everyday items in extraordinary situations
 
 

These hilarious pictures are the latest creations from a unique artist who enjoys nothing more than putting everyday objects in extraordinary situations.
Fast food meets Statue of Liberty: The American Way
 

Terry Border from Greenwood, Indianapolis, USA, has made a living manipulating inanimate objects and putting them into bizarre positions.
Boxing bananas in the ring: Bruised
 

His latest collection includes a picture called 'Ice Cube Dreams' in which a bodybuilding ice cube looks longingly at a picture of the Titanic.
 
 
 
The 45-year-old said his peculiar talent came naturally and he had always seen objects differently."I used to make larger pieces, more abstract ones but I discovered that wasn't my strength. I started working smaller with wire and then I started incorporating objects to make things more interesting and using my humour, which I'm the first to admit is rather twisted."Cookie Crumbs
 

"I always knew that my weird point of view was my gift or perhaps curse, so I'm glad I finally found a use for it", Terry said. "As far as getting ideas, I simply try to amuse myself. I look at objects and wonder what they remind me of and then I create a sort of story about that. I have a good sense of humour. I like to laugh but I can't tell a joke to save my life."Crime Scene
 
 
Zombies Are Nuts About Brains
 
 
Jump!
 
 
Waiting for the Train
 
 
 
Missing
 
 
Pick Him
 
 
Chained to the Desk
 
 
Practical Yolker
 
 
 
Peanut Mourning
 
 
Rejection

www.keralites.net

No comments:

Post a Comment